ROLE: Senior Finance and HR Officer
SCHOOL: Henbury View First School.
HOURS: 20 hours per week, term time only (including inset days)
SALARY: Grade 9 SCP 19 - 25 - £24799 - £28,785 full time (£11,736 - £13,622 actual)
CLOSING DATE: 23rd September 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: 28th September 2020
START DATE: 2nd November 2020 (Subject to negotiation and completion of pre-employment checks)
We are looking to appoint an experienced, reliable, flexible and enthusiastic candidate who is able to give leadership to all aspects of the school’s finance, HR and payroll as directed by the Head Teacher.
WE ARE SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO: -
- Will lead, operate, maintain and develop the financial procedures and systems of the school, reporting to each Leadership Group and governors, while also ensuring that legal and safety requirements with regard to people and property and the function of the school are maintained.
- Will take a lead in the administration of personnel and payroll information
- Will be responsible for the safer recruitment procedures in the school
- Has experience of running an administration department
- Can function as line manager for associated staff, as directed by the Head Teacher.
- Can ensure that the school is fully prepared to meet OFSTED financial criteria.
- Will liaise with all relevant outside agencies and contacts in relation to all aspects of the management of the school.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- In-house Teaching School
- An individual induction programme supported by the Trust.
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A tax efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please view the job description and complete the application form which can be found at www.hamwic.org and return to Jane Clarke, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions in regard to this post, please phone the school office as we are currently not able to offer a face to face visit. 01202 659179
THE HILLARY PARTNERSHIP
The Hillary Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.