The Pupil Premium funding is additional funding given to schools annually to close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers. In line with government policy, it is targeted to support learners who receive free school meals, those who are looked after and those whose parents/carers are serving in the armed forces.
Schools are required to publish information about their use of the Pupil Premium on their website. If you would like further details please contact the school office.
Is your child eligible for Pupil Premium funding?
As from July 2014 the following pupils may be eligible for Pupil Premium funding:
- Pupils who are registered for a free school meal
- Pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years
- Pupils who have been adopted from the English or Welsh care system
- Pupils who have been places on a Special Guardianship Order (SGO) and have been adopted
- Pupils who left care under a Residence Order (RO) on or after 14 October 1991
- Pupils who have been looked after by the Local Authority continuously for more than six months, children of service personnel.
Free school meal entitlement - What you need to know.
If your child is in Foundation or Key Stage 1 and have free school meals under the universal infant free school meals arrangements, this does not automatically mean that your child will receive Pupil Premium Grant benefits. You must apply for Pupil Premium eligibility for the school to receive additional funding for your child. Please contact the school office and ask to speak to someone about Pupil Premium eligibility if you think you meet the criteria.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
If you think that your child may be eligible for Pupil Premium then please contact the school office.