Wellbeing and Pastoral Support
At Henbury View we have a dedicated family support team whose aim is to support the mental and emotional wellbeing of our children and their families in the school community.
What we do:
We offer help, support and information to children and families experiencing issues or problems that are making school and home life difficult to deal with. We are here to listen to any concerns no matter how large or small.
Who we are:
Our team includes our pastoral support worker Mrs Saunders (lead), who works closely alongside the class teams as well as Mrs Wall (Headteacher and SENCo).
What we offer:
- Listening and support
- Emotional coaching, teaching awareness of emotions and appropriate communication of feelings
- Problem-solving strategies
- Teaching simple management strategies for anxiety, low mood, self-esteem, anger
- Relaxation techniques
- Mindfulness for emotional regulation and calming strategies
- Strategies to help bereavement, grief and loss, and other significant life events
- Listening, support and advice to parents for a range of issues including challenging behaviours at home, ways to improve bedtime/mealtime routines, sleep hygiene , parent-child communication and dealing with significant life changes
- Strategies to help support emotional needs and regulation
- Parent support
- Sign-posting to other outside agencies such as financial, housing, domestic abuse support, mental health support, bereavement and relationship organisations
How to contact us:
Please reach us via the school office. A member of our team will contact you to discuss your concerns.
Our Wellbeing Hub
We have a ‘Wellbeing Hub’ on our website to signpost parents to informative resources including mental health support and general helpful information in our current times.